Call for contributions
In order to pursue one of its fundamental statutory objectives – promoting contacts between universities, public research institutions and industries – SIMAI is willing to offer a new opportunity to young researchers interested in exploring the potential of their research work for the industrial applications.
Single author contributions describing a research work of potential interest for industry are solicited from young researchers (under 35 years old) willing to participate to this initiative.
Accepted contributions will be part of a minisymposium at SIMAI 2014 that will be dedicated to this initiative. Furthermore, these contributions will be included in a booklet that SIMAI will present at the “Borsa della ricerca” event, www.borsadellaricerca.it, that will be held in Bologna on 13th and 14th of May 2014. The idea is to offer to young researchers the possibility to collect from the 50+ companies participating to the Bologna event either expressions of interest to their work or opportunities of future contacts.
The three researchers that will receive more expressions of interest will also be invited to present a short outline of their research work during a plenary roundtable a focused on the topic of mathematics and industry that will take place on Wednesday 9th of July 2014 during SIMAI 2014.
Deadline for contributions under this call: 30th April, 2014. To submit your candidature, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject ‘SYRI 2014 Candidature’ containing
- Personal contact information: name, age, affiliation, phone and email address
- Title of the contribution
- A short abstract of your contribution outlining the obtained results with a special focus on the applications (length: min 1000 max 2000 characters; in text format)
- Keywords (min 3 max 5)
- One image in high resolution (in png, tif or jpg format) related with the proposed contribution
- An archive (.zip or .tgz) named SYRI-AuthorSurname.zip containing
- the .tex file of your abstract (renamed e.g. as SYRI-Surname.tex)
- the .pdf .file of the abstract (renamed as above)
- an ascii file with your contact information: address, email, and phone number
We expect to notify acceptance by approximately the end of April, 2014. All individuals whose contribution will be accepted are expected to register to the conference as soon as possible.